CITY OF OSCEOLA
The City of Osceola is currently accepting applications for a Water/Wastewater Serviceman in their Water/Wastewater Department.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Repair, maintenance and installation of water and wastewater distribution system.
- Operation and maintenance of heavy equipment and/or machinery.
- Maintain and responsible for tools and equipment of department.
- Carry out assigned tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Represent the City of Osceola in a professional manner.
This individual must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid Driver’s License. Previous experience in the operation and use of heavy equipment a plus, as well as having a Commercial Driver’s License. One to three months job related experience and/or training a plus. Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and to follow instructions.
Individual must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, dry and wet. Exposure to strong chemicals and offensive odors will occur. May be required to work after dark and without electricity or water in emergency situations. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens if adherence to safety procedures is not followed.
Equal Opportunity Employer