CITY OF OSCEOLA
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The applicant is responsible for providing a variety of routine to complex clerical and administrative duties for the Mayor, Accounting Department, Code Enforcement, Billing and Payroll departments.
Duties and responsibilities include the following as well as other assigned duties:
- Handle customer complaints in a polite manner and work to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Help collect cash payments when needed.
- Prepare daily check-ups and prepare deposits.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of grants.
- Assist in the preparation of official documents such as ordinances, zoning codes, employee handbooks, council books, etc.
- Prepare and assist in writing PDAs and Notices for the City.
- Assist with preparing tonnage reports from various barge lines and companies for grant funding.
- Assist with the volunteer AR and Engage Osceola
- Catalogues City Ordinances
- Assist or manage filing systems for vendors
- Record lease payments
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Four-year college degree preferred or extensive business experience and a valid Driver’s License. Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, the public and to follow instructions. Individual should have knowledge of Accounting, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Equal Opportunity Employer